Monday 20 December 2010

352 - 353: PeeWees in the snow. And other stories.







I talked about the Smiths this evening with a girl I met tonight.

We wandered through Central London until we found somewhere to sit, and when we did, we sat, and we talked and i drank two coffees and she drank two hot chocolates.

Then we wandered some more until we came to a bar where we refused to pay a £3 entry fee but were let in anyway and we drank coke and met Shane MacGowan from the Pogues. She was wicked excited about meeting him because he's musically kind of a big deal to her so she was adorably starstruck and happy and texted lots of her friends to tell them who she'd met. and it was CUTE and made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. But I didn't tell her. Because she'd think I was creepy.

And then we watched Lady Vengence sing/MC a short set. We described her as like... Christina mixed with Pink mixed with Amy Winehouse with added raw essence of the London streeeeets.

BUT BACK TO THE SMITHS THING.
We were talking about the Smiths and how they're great and how Morrissey is apparently a massive homo. And we talked about how "There's a Light that Never Goes Out" is totally a love song and then I was all: "THERE'S THIS REALLY GREAT SONG BY THEM WITH AWESOME LYRICS..." but it was like, the worst story ever since I could remember neither the name of the song or the song lyrics. Of course NOW I remember. It's their song, "London".



1 comment: